Crispy tofu and spicy vegan mayo, the combination of textures and flavors is perfect. I love it and it’s great for summer picnics! Everything stays in place and eats very well! The crispy tofu and spicy veganaise provide a crunchy and creamy touch with a well-balanced hint of spice. Honestly, with a little “tranquil” snack under the hot sun… What more could you ask for?
The nutrition of tofu
Tofu is rich in protein, containing up to 15 g per 150 g serving for just 90 to 140 calories. The firmer the tofu, the more protein it contains. It is also a good source of vitamins A, B, D, E, and contains calcium, iron, and magnesium.
Soy and health
Did you know that soy is the best source of phytoestrogens in our diet? While miracle foods don’t exist, some have real beneficial effects, such as tofu.
Phytoestrogens are mainly found in soy in all its delicious forms! Edamame, tofu, miso, and tempeh have been part of the culinary traditions of Asian countries for at least 3000 years because of their nutritional and medicinal properties. An excellent source of protein and complex carbohydrates (like all legumes).
Feel free to share your thoughts on the Crispy tofu and spicy vegan mayo recipe or any other recipe from the blog by leaving a comment! Don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook to discover many other delicious recipes!
Crispy tofu and spicy veganaise.
- 450 g firm tofu
- 100 g panko breadcrumbs
- 4 Arabic-style whole wheat pita breads
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 Handful of arugula, spinach, and cilantro
- 80 ml vegan mayonnaise or coconut yogurt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast levure maltée
- 2 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Cut the tofu into slices and blot it with paper towels.
- To prepare the spicy mayonnaise, mix smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic, pepper, nutritional yeast, and water. In a plate, pour breadcrumbs or panko.
- Coat each slice of tofu with the spicy mayo, then with breadcrumbs or panko on both sides.
- Place the tofu slices on a baking sheet, brush them with oil, and bake for 20 minutes, flipping them halfway through, until golden brown.
- Serve with pita, arugula, sliced tomatoes, and the delicious spicy mayonnaise.